Expansion! Requires Root base game to play!
- The Clockwork Expansion allows players to square off against four fiendishly automated factions that can be used in solo, competitive or co-operative games.
- Four full automated factions that can be used in solo, competitive, or co-operative games
- Three difficulty levels for each bot.
- Over a dozen trait cards that can give the bots special powers and new strategic quirks.
- Compete against the Mechanical Marquise 2.0, the Electric Eyrie, the Automated Alliance or the Vagabot.
The Clockwork Expansion contains automated versions of all four factions from the base game of Root: the Mechanical Marquise 2.0, Electrical Eyrie, Automated Alliance, and Vagabot. This expansion is fully compatible with our other expansions, so if you want to play the Riverfolk or the Corvids against the Clockwork factions, you can!
Play it Your Way
You can play with the Clockwork factions any way you like. Solo? Great! Add a couple to fill out your multiplayer game? Easy. Cooperate as a team against the Clockwork factions? Yes, even that!
Choose Your Challenge
Each Clockwork faction has three difficulty levels. If you want even more variety, you can also add one to four unique traits, giving the faction new powers and features.
Ages 14 and Up
Play Time: 60-120 Minutes