Rome & Roll is a heavy roll-and-write board game by Dávid Turczi and Nick Shaw in which 1-4 players compete to craft an empire. Draft from a pool of custom dice to collect resources, construct the town, and organize armies. Political alliances, the colonies, and even the Gods all have a part to play. Imperii Gloria!
- Draft the dice to match your needs: roll, draw, and win!
- Play one of seven unique character classes, ranging from merchants to military leaders, with a wealth of different strategies to deploy.
- Take advantage of four possible scoring avenues: construct buildings, trade resources, conquer unruly colonies, and renovate the Roman road network.
- Make political alliances and call on the Gods.
- Raise armies and invade settlements as far afield as Egypt and Spain.
- Build roads and manage unruly provinces.
How to Play
64 AD: Rome is burnt to cinders, in need of rebuilding. With the city weakened, distant settlements across the empire refuse to pay taxes and need reminding of the power of Rome. Emperor Nero gathers the most influential members of the city with a clear task: rebuild Rome and recapture the settlements. Each player will utilize their asymmetric abilities to do so and earn wealth along the way in this new, interactive, heavy, roll and write game.
Players draft from a pool of custom dice to collect resources and special icons that allow them to build buildings – by drawing onto the map of the Seven Hills of Rome, Tetris-style – collect legionnaires, invade rogue settlements, or build the famous network of Roman Roads to the already pacified ones. Trading resources and other abilities might earn them coins, building Shrines will allow them to utilize the Favors of the Gods, and careful interaction with other players will surely lead one of them to victory!
Ages 14 and Up
Play Time: 60-90 Minutes