Four wanderers search for the Last Ruin, a city that legends say contains an artifact that will grant the greatest desires of the heart. A lost love, redemption, acceptance, a family rejoined-- these are the fires that fuel the wanderers' journeys, but can they overcome their own greed and inner demons on the way?
Near and Far is a sequel to Above and Below and includes a book of encounters. This time players read over ten game sessions to reach the end of the story. Each chapter is played on a completely new map with unique art and adventures.
Answer the call of the ruins and begin your journey.
Explore a massive world through a book of maps!
- Search for a lost city in a strange and wonderful world of ruins
- Manage and recruit adventurers, each with a unique identity
- Read from a book of stories, building an amazing and memorable tale each time you play!
- Choose your path in connected quest lines
- Includes a gorgeous atlas of 11 maps to play on!
- Buy skills for your character over a ten-map campaign
How to Play
In Near and Far, you and up to three friends explore many different maps in a search for the Last Ruin, recruiting adventurers, hunting for treasure, and competing to be the most storied traveler. You must collect food and equipment at town for long journeys to mysterious locales, making sure not to forget enough weapons to fight off bandits, living statues, and rusty robots! Sometimes in your travels you'll run into something unique and one of your friends will read what happens to you from a book of stories, giving you a choice of how to react, creating a new and memorable tale each time you play.
- 2-4 Players
- Ages 10+
- Play Time: 90-120 Minutes